Friday, August 1, 2008

The Planning Continues


So, I just couldn't resist buying ONE MORE BOOK today about our upcoming trip. It's the fourth book I've either purchased or been given. I have a Frommer's Colorado, a Frommer's Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, a book called Hiking Yellowstone NP, and the most recent purchase titled, Hiking in the Rocky Mountains. It's already late, but I just don't think I can resist taking a peak at the newest addition to my literature collection before I go to bed.

What other strides have I made today? Well, I downloaded a bunch of podcasts and related videos through Itunes. Some of them I've already seen on YNP's website, but they are still good to have as a reference. I will most likely starting listening and watching that stuff this weekend.

And finally, I started the official itinerary. I'm nearly through the Rocky Mountain NP portion of the trip - Days 1 - 3. But, I just need to get some additional addresses, directions, etc. plugged in there. Then, I will really try to hit it hard this weekend to get the rest of the trip close to being squared away.

Today's image is of my brother, Justin, and I on the shores of Grand Lake after my family completed the Trail Ridge Rd. drive through RMNP. As you can tell by our expressions, that water was damn c-c-c-c-old!!

No comments: